The next step in troubleshooting your cluster is looking at key resources to see if they are being overused.
- For a quick sanity check, navigate to the Studio Dashboard to look at resource usage against their respective totals available by hovering over each. See an image of the main dashboard, which shows disk usage, below:
- Check the Studio Hosts and/or Nodes pages to look at CPU and memory usage. See an image of this, showing the Nodes page below:
Sort on CPU Usage, Memory Usage, and Disk Usage. Are there resources being overused?
If you see one or more resources approaching their limit (e.g., memory, disk or CPU limits), consider the following:
- Have you added a new workload to your cluster that’s using more resources?
- Have you loaded more data (on disk, or in memory)?
- Have you increased concurrency?
- Does your workload require more nodes to meet the scale?
- Is there an expensive workload or query that is causing a spike and could be optimized?
- If you identify one or more key resources being overused: return to Step 1, to identify whether there are specific queries causing this.
- If the cause is not specific queries, or there aren’t resource usage issues: move onto Step 5.