Connecting to Tableau Prep
This topic describes how to connect Tableau Prep to SingleStore for ETL.
The certification matrix below shows the latest versions tested for SingleStore (Managed Service and Database) and Tableau Prep:
|SingleStore DB||7.0 and newer|
|MySQL ODBC Driver||Version 5.3.12 (64 bit)|
- MySQL ODBC Driver version 5.3.12 (64 bit)
- Create the DSN for source and destination databases
- Tableau Prep License & software installed
Note: When using a source or target other than SingleStore/MySQL, you will need to install the respective ODBC driver for that platform.
Write to a Database
Although Tableau Prep can read data from a wide array of databases and cloud storage platforms, the write back to a database functionality is available only for a limited set of datasources.
SingleStore enables writing back via Tableau Prep’s support for MySQL. Writing back to a database allows SingleStore users to:
- Connect to other data sources supported by Tableau Prep or connect to a SingleStore database.
- Prepare data, including: cleansing, imputation, and complex transformation.
- Write changes back to the SingleStore database from the other sources, a different SingleStore database, or a different table in the same database.
- Build Tableau dashboards using the data in SingleStore.
Configuring Tableau Prep to Connect to SingleStore and Running a Transform
Open the Tableau Prep application.
Select the MemSQL datasource from the dropdown list.
Provide the connection details.
Select the database and tables.
Configure your transformation.
Under Save output to, select Database table.
Select MySQL in the list of databases to connect to SingleStore and enter the database details.
Either select a table or create a new table for the target.
Click Run flow to run the transform.