Connecting to Looker
Looker is an enterprise platform for business intelligence, data applications, and embedded analytic.
You can configure SingleStore DB to work with Looker, and then connect to SingleStore DB from Looker by following the Looker documentation.
This topic describes how to connect Looker to SingleStore DB.
The certification matrix below shows the latest versions tested for SingleStore DB and Looker:
|Looker||7.6.29 and later|
The following prerequisites need to be satisfied before making the connection:
- Looker portal is accessible and the user account has been created.
- Make sure the SingleStore DB Cluster is running on a server.
Connecting Looker to SingleStore DB
This guide discusses connecting Looker to SingleStore DB with the following configuration:
- SingleStore DB running on premises
- SingleStore Managed Service
The steps to connect are:
- Open the Looker portal.
- Provide user name and password to Log in.
- On the Looker home page, select Admin > Connections (under Database).
- On the Connections page, click Add Connection and provide the following details:
- Name: < Name of the connection >
- Dialect: MemSQL
- Host: < IP address of the machine running SingleStore DB >
- Port: 3306
- Database: < Name of the database >
- Username: < user name for the database >
- Password: < password for the database > Note: When connecting with SingleStore Managed Service, provide the client endpoint URL from the cloud connection in place of the IP address.
- Click Test these settings and once successfully connected, click Add connection.
After this you can create projects to explore the Looker functions and features. For configuring additional SingleStore DB database properties go here.
Now you can start to work on your LookerML project following this link: https://docs.looker.com/data-modeling/getting-started/create-projects