On this page
SingleStore supports execution of online DDL statements, which means that you can perform read and write operations while the DDL command is being executed on a table.
default_ is reached (default value is 180000 milliseconds or 3 minutes), after which it throws a timeout error.
Increasing the timeout duration for a DDL operation is not a recommended option since it delays the start of the operation.
Optimize your workload.
If you have long running queries, then you can optimize your current workload by running frequent maintenance and backups, or by using a different workload. For example, run the analytical queries in your workload during the lowest traffic time. Additionally, you can use workspace replication to replicate the data to a secondary read-only workspace, and then run all long running or analytical queries on the secondary workspace. This drastically reduces the workload on the primary workspace and improves workload performance.
In this section
- ERROR 2408 (HY000): ER_COMPILATION_TIMEOUT: Query compilation timed out and cannot be executed
- ERROR 1064 ER_PARSE_ERROR: Unhandled exception Type: ER_PARSE_ERROR (1064)
- ERROR 1205 (HY000): Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
- ERROR 1706 (HY000): Feature Multi-table UPDATE/DELETE with a reference table as target table is not supported by MemSQL
- ERROR 1706 (HY000): Leaf Error (127.0.0.1:3307): Feature INSERT IGNORE … ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE is not supported by MemSQL
- Why do I get errors about UNIQUE KEYs?
Last modified: November 22, 2022