This guide shows you how to get and install the Java-based SingleStore Kafka Connector for connecting with open source Apache Kafka. The process looks like this:
- Make sure you satisfy the prerequisites.
- Download the connector JAR file.
- Configure the connector properties.
Make sure you have met the following prerequisites before installing the connector.
- MemSQL version 6.8 or newer/SingleStore version 7.1 or newer installed and running
- Java Development Kit (JDK) installed
- Apache Kafka installed and running
- Kafka Schema Registry configured
- Kafka Connect
- Installed/configured mariadb connector
Download and the SingleStore Kafka Connector
Get the SingleStore Kafka Connector JAR file here.
You will need to have the JDK installed and configured, with JAVA_HOME pointing to where the JDK is installed.
See the README and the Quickstart files on the GitHub page for more information.
Configure the SingleStore DB Connector Properties
The connector is configurable via a property file or Kafka-REST. The properties should be specified before starting the
The connector properties include the standard Kafka properties as well as some SingleStore DB-specific properties.
For an explanation of the various SingleStore DB-specific configuration properties, see SingleStore Kafka Connector Properties.